Tonight's dinner was absolutely amazing, courtesy of these amazing chicken parm meatballs. I have been seeing a few recipes floating around Facebook and Pinterest. But honestly I am so horrible at following super long, labor intensive recipes, so I decided to wing it. I mean I am a mother of two, I do not have the time or patience to follow elaborate recipes so here is my version of these:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 8oz mozzarella ball
- 1 tbs garlic salt
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 bottle of your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Cut mozzarella ball into cubes, approximately 15 cubes ( I was able to make 15 meatballs out of the pound of ground chicken).
- In a bowl combine ground chicken, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 tbs garlic salt, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly and begin to roll mixture into balls, once rolled insert a cube of cheese through the middle and roll some more.
- In a separate bowl with breadcrumbs, roll and bread meatballs until completely coated.
- In a pan with olive oil, brown all sides of meatballs.
- Pour sauce in a baking pan, add meatballs to it.
- Bake for 20 mins at 425 degree.